How to Cook Dry Pork Adobo
Home-cooked meals are the best! But given the pace of life today, the thought of heading down to the market followed by hours spent in the kitchen preparing these meals often leave us just deciding to order in fast food meals. When you’ve had a long day and an even longer commute—the struggle is real! So it’s a good thing that I found a way to put together a simple recipe for a well-loved and hearty, home-cooked meal: Pork Adobo.
This recipe uses basic ingredients that might already be present in your kitchen or can easily be found in the supermarket. And while cooking this may feel time-consuming, I guarantee that it will be worth it!
A fun fact about this dish: the word adobo is derived from the Spanish word adobar, which means “marinade” or “pickling sauce”. Also, if you’re like me who enjoys their pork adobo dry, then this recipe is definitely for you!
- Pork, 500g (adobo cut or country style)
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¾ cup of vinegar
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 6 cloves of crushed garlic (add as many as you like)
- 1 cup of water
Preparation time: 1 hour, serves 3-4
1. Start by washing the pork under running water. Make sure to clean it well and remove any excess traces of blood.
2. Add water to your saucepan and allow it to boil in high heat.
3. Place the pork pieces in the boiling water and add some black pepper and a pinch of salt. Boil continuously.
4. In a separate bowl, mix ¼ cup of soy sauce and ¾ cup of vinegar.
5. Smash the cloves of garlic.
6. Once half the water has evaporated from your pot, add the soy sauce and vinegar mixture to the pan. Add garlic and stir.
7. Let it simmer until the desired consistency for the sauce is achieved.
Serve hot, topped on rice.
Craving for some pork adobo but don’t have time to cook? Don’t worry. Adobo Connection is always one click away! Order via the foodpanda app now.
Mae Bonifacio | Contributing Editor
Mae is a passionately curious gal. An avid Hamilton musical fan, “she does not throw away her shot”. She’s also a killer Odette player in Mobile Legends.